News & Publications
Africa Market and Lombard Fund News
Market Buzz- 19 October 2017
19 Oct 2017
• US stocks pointed slightly higher, with the Dow Jones rising the most in 5 weeks.
• Oil hovered around $52, Gold dropped below $1281 and the Yen traded below 113.
• European stocks rose led by gains in real estate shares.
• Asian markets were higher after earnings reports from a range of sectors helped send U.S. gauges to new highs.
• China 3rd Quarter GDP is estimated to show expansion slowing to 6.8%, in contrast with PBOC Governor Zhou’s comments that first half 6.9% momentum may continue.
• In the Communist Party Congress opening speech, Xi pushed for quality of quantity for economic development.
• South Korea and Indonesia’s central banks are both expected to keep benchmark interest rates on hold.